Leveraging Data for more Effective Media Buying
IMPAQT Trading Case Study
IMPAQT Media Trading
IMPAQT Trading leverages advanced data management and analytics capabilities to provide a 360-degree view of the consumer, enabling marketers to maximize ROI in data-driven media, including display, mobile, video and social. We believe that in understanding, influencing and measuring consumer behavior at an individual level, we can create competitive advantage for marketers.
Motorola was launching the MOTOACTV product. This product was the world's first fitness tracker that included a smart mp3 player. For more than 70 years, Motorola had been selling business-to-business. In 2011, Motorola launched an e-commerce website and began to create a direct relationship with the consumer. Motorola partnered with IMPAQT Trading to implement business-to-consumer strategies that would increase awareness, engagement and sales.
IMPAQT Trading developed a comprehensive strategy with Motorola to:
- Learn: Allowing Motorola to leverage its data management platform to understand who the customer is before buying an impression.
- Buy: Buying relevant audiences and contexts through real-time bidding and IMPAQT Trading's 40 proprietary private exchange relationships.
- Identify: Connecting the digital media buy to Motorola's customer and prospect database for true measurement.
- Optimize: Applying optimization algorithms and adding remarketing programs based on data in the customer and prospect database.
IMPAQT Trading performed analysis to understand the individuals who were engaging and buying the MotoActv before the campaign was launched. We were able to confirm Motorola's market research that fitness enthusiasts and male audience segments were most interested in the product. But we also discovered some unexpected groups, such as a parenting segment and corporate Motorola customers, who were also purchasing the MotoActv.
Through traditional media buying tactics, the media plan would have only included fitness enthusiasts, runners and men – excluding other valuable audiences from the plan. By leveraging the customer data we have access to, we were able to target the whole funnel, which included segments like parenting and corporate customers.
As a customer is identified, whether by entering an email or through buying a new MotoActv, we tie the individual ad impression back to the customer database. We are then able to understand the value of the customer and create remarketing campaigns based on our knowledge of the customer.
- What products have they purchased in the past?
- What Motorola customer segment do they fall into?
- What is the value of the customer?
Once we understood the 360-degree view of the customer, based on online and offline activities, we launched remarketing campaigns based on purchase and behavior through display and email. These campaigns, driven by the connection to the offline database, enabled us to realize $90 in incremental revenue per responder and almost $600 incremental revenue per sale.
Post-optimization campaign results:
- Sales increased 231%
- Purchase intent increased 360%
- Site engagement increased 38%
Send Us an Email
Contact us to learn more about how the IMPAQT Trading solution can help you optimize your brand's digital advertising impressions, conversions and ROI.
General Manager, IMPAQT Trading
VP, Merkle Digital Marketing
Download this Case Study