About SEO Consulting
As marketing budgets continue to shift online, we have seen many companies realize the importance of SEO. The issue is no longer getting your marketing teams on board with this strategy, but staying ahead of your online competition and keeping up with all of the search engine algorithm changes. Over the next few years, we will see SEO strategies continue to expand and become more complex among industry leaders. In order to keep a competitive edge, more resources must be allocated to SEO campaigns.
IMPAQT has the ability to look "outside the box" and use successful tactics seen with our robust and complex Fortune 1000 clients to find new strategies that the competition has yet to fully take advantage of. IMPAQT provides creative intelligence beyond the basics of Search, solutions to tough problems and the expertise of tenured search marketers.
SEO Consulting in Action
A big-box office supply retailer sought IMPAQT's expertise to gain a competitive edge among other office supply outlets, as well as online specialty stores, department stores, and big-box retailers that offer office supplies.
What We Did
- We first evaluated the technical aspects of the client's site, including architecture and design, content management systems, conversion tracking, and attribution alignment. We also evaluated the client's entire competitive landscape to identify client and competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- We provided recommendations to make their site architecture and design more Searchfriendly. We also provided guidance on defining and tracking conversions and attributing them to the proper channels.
- We then provided guidance on the client's on-page SEO elements, along with recommendations for internal and external link building, video optimization, and leveraging local Search.
- We managed the integration of SEO across the client's IT, Social Media, PR, Merchandising, and International teams.
- We provided an onsite training session to the client's editorial and Web development teams on the basics of SEO, the benefits of SEO, and how to implement SEO best practices.
How It Worked
Our efforts helped the client achieve these results:
- Overall revenue increased 21% year over year (YOY) in Month 4, 41% YOY in Month 5 (1 week).
- For the client's Office Furniture category, the client saw these results:
- Revenue growth of 31% YOY in Month 3 and 36% YOY in Month 4, compared to 1.04% in Month 2 and 7.71% in Month 1.
- Revenue growth of 40.21% YOY Month 4 session increase.
- An increase in average order size of 29% from Month 2 to Month 4.
- For the client's Paper category, the client saw these results:
- Conversion growth of 102% from Month 1 to Month 5.
- Revenue growth of 108% in Month 4 over Month 2.
- Month 4 YOY revenue growth of 214%, compared to 17 % YOY revenue growth in Month 3 and YOY revenue decrease in Months 1 and 2.
- Revenue outperformed the YOY weekly revenue every week during Month 4.
- Most remarkably, the client attained a Page 1, Position 2 ranking for the highly competitive keyword "paper."