Multivariate Search Marketing Strategy
About Multivariate Search Marketing
Implementing a consistent and successful Search campaign for an organization with multiple brands and business units, while adhering to unique messaging and positioning, can be a challenge. Doing so means:
- Keeping a close watch on the performance of numerous campaigns and keywords.
- Making sure that messaging is both unique to each unit and consistent across all units at the same time.
- Targeting those searchers most likely to convert at every phase of the buying cycle.
Most importantly, the multivariate Search effort must be approached as one large organization at an enterprise level, as well as individual business units, or "small businesses," with unique needs and challenges.
At IMPAQT, we can create successful and customized multivariate Search campaigns, thanks to the capabilities of our tools, account teams, and overall approach. Our data management and analysis tools and methodologies are flexible and scalable to accommodate large numbers of business units, campaigns, and keywords, as well as give high-level and in-depth insight into performance. Our account teams build strong relationships with all stakeholders to create an environment conducive to taking smart risks and off-the-shelf approaches. We dive deep into the company's ecosystem to understand how they operate and the best approach to their multivariate Search campaign to fit their specific needs and organizational challenges.
Multivariate Search Marketing in Action
A systems integration company with multiple business units (BUs) wanted to increase profitability by gaining more revenue from the BUs. They saw an opportunity for the BUs to become more successful through Paid and Organic Search. The BUs operated as separate entities from the systems integration company, and lacked the budget, resources, and Search knowledge to implement SEO and PPC successfully.
What We Did
- First, we worked closely with the client to understand their business units. We gained knowledge into challenges they faced, as well as an understanding of their industry and competitors as a whole.
- Next, we identified opportunities where the BUs could increase their presence online. We created a partnership with the systems integration company and built a customized Search Benefit for BUs to buy individually. This benefit was priced at a very low rate and contained support that the BUs would not have been able to receive from any agency, had it not been for the systems integration company. In this partnership, IMPAQT provided a consulting package for BUs seeking PPC/SEO support, or BUs could work with IMPAQT to develop a custom package of Search services.
- For each BU, we provided both a standard and customized analysis of current SEO visibility, as well as any applicable PPC performance of them and their competitors.
- Within two weeks of buying the benefit, the BU would receive a report on the results of our analysis, recommendations to improve their Search performance, and strategies for immediate results.
- We would give them time to look over the report and create some questions. Then we would review our recommendations with the BU over the phone so that we could respond directly to questions and offer additional counsel and support, as well as recommend any additional services.
How It Worked
The partnership allowed the client's BUs to take advantage of Search when their budget and resources would otherwise not allow it.
For one BU, its PPC campaign generated six times the number of conversions expected. Because of this success, the client decided to increase its engagement with IMPAQT beyond its initial test.
For another BU, our analytics helped the client find additional opportunities to reach potential customers earlier in the buying cycle via PPC by discovering keywords that searchers used in earlier stages of the buying process.
We helped establish a precedent for implementing Search successfully in the business-to-business (B2B) vertical.
Most importantly, the client's BUs remarked on the high level of care and attention IMPAQT provided. In one of the BUs own words: "The process was easy on us…we didn't need to invest much time or provide a lot of information…IMPAQT's expertise really showed through!"