About Search-to-Store Promotions
Typically, Search is used to drive traffic and sales to online stores, but it can also be a powerful channel for driving traffic and sales to brick-and-mortar stores. What is most valuable about this strategy is the ability to accurately track performance and measure ROI. Search-to-store promotions are a great way to measure in-store traffic driven by Search, so that Search is given the appropriate credit.
The expertise of our team and the power of our uniquely flexible technology work together to make for accurate and efficient conversion tracking and performance measurement across online and offline channels. Being able to combine this data quickly and effectively allows us to find successes where they might not be readily apparent.
Search-to-Store Promotions in Action
A big-box office supply retailer with a large online and store presence sought to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to its stores through Paid Search. This client wanted to see if a PPC campaign could drive in-store sales and ultimately determine if a Search-to-store promotion effort would generate a viable ROI.
What We Did
- We created a four-week PPC campaign test for the client's in-store printing and graphics services. The search ads directed consumers to a landing page with an in-store coupon that could only be accessed by clicking on the search ad.
- We measured performance by tracking:
- The number of coupons downloaded and printed
- The number of in-store sales using the coupon
How It Worked
Our test campaign led to the following results:
- More than 30 million impressions in four weeks.
- $280,000 in revenue from $140,000 in spend for a revenue-to spend ratio of 50%.
The client saw the value in using Search to drive in-store traffic. They are planning additional Search-to-store promotional efforts to increase the performance of low-performing stores and maintain the performance of high-performing stores.
Download this Solution